Benefits and Support Services
Government offers many programs which can help seniors and the disabled with medical expenses, living expenses and the ins and outs of daily life. However, programs are often locally provided and/or administered—so it requires research and perseverance to know what is available to you. These links are to some of the sites we have found most useful,* many of which offer further links and resources.
GOVERNMENT PROGRAM INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- Agencies on Aging
Provides local information on services from transportation to meals to
financial assistance and respite care. The Eldercare Locator website is
the simplest route to finding your local Agency.
- Benefits Checkup Finds programs for people aged 55+ to cover some costs of prescription drugs, health care, utilities and other essential items or services. Provided by National Council on Aging.
- Eldercare Locator Lists local agencies across the U.S. that help seniors access home and community-based services such as transportation, meals, home care, and caregiver support services. Provided by the U.S. Administration on Aging.
- Long-Term Care Information Help in planning for long-term care (LTC) needs from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- NIH Senior Health Basic health and wellness information for older adults from the National Institutes of Health
MEDICARE/MEDICAID INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- Medicare Consumer Guide A clear, concise overview of the Medicare system
- Medicare Basics A high-level introduction to the Medicare System, written specifically for caregivers
- MyMedicare.gov A handy dashboard to help organize coverage, claims, providers and pharmacies found on Medicare.gov, the official U.S. government Medicare site
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services portal for all Medicare/Medicaid information
*The links on this page are maintained solely for your convenience. CaringWise does not control and cannot guarantee the content, relevance, timeliness or accuracy of information on these sites. Further, the inclusion of links to particular items is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to constitute approval or endorsement of any views expressed or implied, or products or services offered.