There are hundreds of websites for caregivers
They provide information, education and resources about specific diseases, insurance and medicare, respite care and other services—as well as self-care as you enter this new world. These links are to some of the sites we have found most useful,* many of which offer further links and resources.
FAMILY CAREGIVER RESOURCES & ORGANIZATIONS
- ARCH National Respite Network Helps families locate respite and crisis-care services in their communities
- Caring Connections Committed to improving end-of-life care and expanding access to hospice care; this is a program of the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO)
- Children of Aging Parents Provides reliable information, referrals and support
- Family Caregiver Alliance Champions caregivers through education, services, research and advocacy
- Friends Health Connection Offers a personalized support network
- National Alliance for Caregiving Works to strengthen state and local caregiving coalitions, and represent the US caregiving community internationally
- National Family Caregivers Association Educates, supports, empowers and speaks up for U.S. caregivers
- Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving Establishes local, state and national partnerships committed to building quality long-term, home and community- based services
- Share the Care A system for organizing family, friends neighbors and coworkers into a caregiving team
- Stuff Seniors Need Links to free services, goods and informative articles both for seniors and the (often unprepared) people who love them
- Well Spouse Association Advocates for and provides peer support to individuals caring for a chronically ill and/or disabled spouse/partner
LINKS TO PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT
- National Association of Geriatric Care Managers A nationwide directory of Geriatric Care Managers and information about working with them. From housing to home care to medical management and resource identification, Geriatric Care Managers are a boon to families struggling to manage all the pieces.
- National Academy of Eldercare Law Attorneys A nationwide directory of lawyers who specialize in helping seniors and their families protect financial assets while optimizing long-term care options.
- Lawhelp State-by-state information about free or low-cost legal assistance programs.
- Assisted Living Federation of America A searchable directory containing thousands of independent living, assisted living and senior living communities across the United States.
*The links on this page are maintained solely for your convenience. CaringWise does not control and cannot guarantee the content, relevance, timeliness or accuracy of information on these sites. Further, the inclusion of links to particular items is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to constitute approval or endorsement of any views expressed or implied, or products or services offered.