Use of Personal Information
"Personal" information is described as data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, date of birth (DOB), and health-related information. At times, we may request personal information from you through our sites in order to deliver our product or service. In no case will we sell, license or transmit your personal information outside of CaringWise for any reason, unless you authorize us to do so.Personal Information You Provide To Us:
- When you sign up for CaringWise, we collect information such as name, password and email address. We use this information to create or maintain your CaringWise account. We may also use your e-mail address for communications such as order confirmation or information about the status of your personal website. We may also send or display newsletters and/or surveys about our products and services which you may choose to answer.
- We collect personal information and your permission to use it when you subscribe to one of our newsletters.
- You may actively or passively enter additional health and other personal information into your CaringWise account. CaringWise enables you to share this information with people (including Caregivers and third-party service-providers) and services in order to help manage your healthcare/caregiving. Each Caregiver is required to receive your express authorization regarding this sharing of information. Please carefully consider the information that you make available through the website and the persons that you designate as authorized to view or receive your information.
- If you authorize the sharing of your personal information it will be available to all authorized parties, including, without limitation, caregivers, medical professionals, emergency services personnel, CaringWise employees, and other service-providers.
- You can revoke sharing privileges from any authorized party at any time. When you revoke an authorized party’s access to your personal information, that party will no longer have such access but may have already seen or may retain a copy of such information.
- If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about the scope of information being shared please email email@example.com .
- When you visit our websites we may collect information about the pages you view, the links you select or actions you take using the standard information that your browser sends to each website you visit such as IP address, browser type, and the previously visited web page.
- We may also collect aggregate usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to our website and its components. This enables us to determine how users utilize CaringWise so that we can make it useful to as many people as possible. We may provide portions of this aggregate information to our partners to illustrate how our customers, collectively, utilize CaringWise.
Collection and use of Children's Personal Information
CaringWise accounts are intended to be used by adults. As part of our services, we may collect personal information about children as part of their CaringWise profile. This should only be supplied by their parents or legal guardians.
The CaringWise website requires every user (including those that don't log in) to accept cookies. "Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to a computer’s hard drive through a browser to identify each user throughout each session on the website. CaringWise cookies do not collect or store any personally identifiable information. Further, all cookies are sent over HTTPS so that they can not be intercepted on their way between the server and the user's browser.
Should you send questions and comments via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , we will share your correspondence with those employees or agents most capable of addressing your concerns. We will retain your communication until we have done our very best to provide you with a complete and satisfactory response. Ultimately, we will either discard your communication or, in some cases, archive it.
Please note that, unless we expressly advise you otherwise, the e-mail facilities on our website do not provide a means for completely secure and private communications. Although every attempt will be made to keep your information confidential, from a technical standpoint, there is still a risk. For that reason, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider to be confidential.
Our relationships with third parties
We never share your personal information outside of CaringWise for third party marketing purposes.
Occasionally we may enter into contracts with third parties who may assist us by filling customer orders or providing other services. The contracts outline the appropriate use and handling of your personal information and prohibit third parties from using any of your personal information for purposes unrelated to the product or service for which they've been contracted. Vendors are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them. You hereby consent to our sharing your personal information for the above purposes.
Additionally, we may have business partners that provide services, some of which are co-branded. Partner services and sites are clearly identified. When you request any of these products or services, you are permitting us to provide your personal information to the partner to fulfill your request.
This website may provide links to third-party sites, such as those of our business partners and sources of information we fell may be useful to our users. Because CaringWise does not control the information policies or practices of these third parties, you should review their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect and use personal information.
Should we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business with another organization, part of that sale may include your personal information. Moreover, if CaringWise, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any such acquirer may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
CaringWise protects your personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards and best practices. Whenever we download or transmit sensitive information, such as personal health information, we encrypt that information. Any information stored is also encrypted to protect against unauthorized access. No personnel related to the Service will have access to your sensitive health information, unless you explicitly grant it in resolving a technical or functional question.
CaringWise enables you to collect, edit, review, store, and share health and medication information online. With CaringWise, you can control your own information. You can also share your health information with family, friends, and health care professionals, collectively termed "Caregivers."
- You can opt not to disclose, or allow to be disclosed, certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain CaringWise features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on your personal webpages. When you update information, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our private records. However, deleting or modifying information may render the Services inoperable, in whole or in part.
- You may request that we delete your CaringWise account by sending an e-mail to email@example.com Please note that some information may remain in our records even after we delete your account.
For More Information
The CaringWise website is maintained by CaringWise, Inc., 100 Pembroke Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118.
Effective date: June 15, 2012.